On-Line Registration Now Closed
Thank you to all of our participants this year,
and a BIG thank you to all of our parent volunteer coaches!
We could not run Lay-Ups without them!
Also, Lay-Ups backpacks are available for sale! They are great for school and for Lay-Ups games. If you are interested in purchasing a backpack, please e-mail us at Lay-Ups@comcast.net to request a backpack. The cost is $10.00 plus $4.00 for shipping. Please include your address and we'll get one right out to you!
- Lay-Ups is a fun, co-ed, introductory youth basketball league for kids in kindergarten through 2nd grade. (Some 3rd grade leagues for girls only.)
- Lay-Ups provides an opportunity for your child to be introduced to the game of basketball.
- Lay-Ups is a program that generates enthusiasm for exercise, activity and sports.
- Lay-Ups uses age-appropriate equipment and techniques that ensure all players feel successful.
- Lay-Ups lets you choose the league location that works best for you.
- Registration fee is $95.00 - which includes the 8 week season, a Lay-Ups t-shirt and a Lay-Ups basketball.
- There is now a $10.00 late fee charged for each registration.
- The first week of the season will consist of orientation / organizational time with your coach and some time for practice.There will not be an actual game the first week.
- For the remaining seven weeks, at each scheduled time, the teams will begin with a 30-minute practice. The practice will be immediately followed by a 40-minute game against another team in the same league. There are no additional practices on other days of the week.
- All games are played on 8' hoops.
- There are five 8-minute periods of play. Players will rotate at the end of each period.
- No score is kept.
- Each player is matched up by height with their opponent and will wear a color-coordinated wristband to teach the concept of man-to-man defense.
- Game play will be half-court, man-to-man defense; no pressing; no double teams.
- No stealing off the dribble or out of another player's hands.
- Coaches will serve as refs on the court.
- Coaches will be liberal in enforcing violations suchs as double dribbles, traveling, etc.
- No free throws - inbound all fouls from the nearest point of contact.
- We need parent volunteer coaches! Please complete brief on-line coaches registration.
- All of our coaches are volunteering their time. They will appreciate your support throughout the season.
- Please work with them to ensure your child has a rewarding and enjoyable experience.
- For your information, we run criminal background checks on all our coaches
- Please remember that this program is for the enjoyment and enrichment of your child. It is imperative to demonstrate excellent sportsmanship at all times. This is how our children learn to be good sports. The games are non-competitive, so the parents need to be non-competitive!
- Please follow the rules of the facility in which your Lay-Ups games are being held. Please do not bring in any food or drink. If you are wearing non-athletic shoes, please do not walk onto the court. Remember to keep an eye on all other family members while in the facility.